Established over 21 years ago, Whitemeadow Furniture is now the largest independent upholstered furniture manufacturer in the UK based in the East Midlands. We’re always striving to push boundaries, whether it be in our designs or our processes. Aspiring to be the best and take lead in our industry. We utilise the best technology and hire the most passionate individuals, enabling us to craft innovative products people are proud to own. Pairing British-made upholstery with unrivalled customer service.
Reporting to the Head of Group Quality, the main objective of this role is training in a variety of skills and methods, which are essential to the manufacturing of quality domestic upholstered furniture from pre-upholstery to finished product.
What you will be doing
- Ensure all upholstery production personnel are fully trained in tasks they are required to carry out, being responsible for identifying training needs and providing on the job training where required.
- Carrying out ongoing progress assessments during probation periods and contribute to probationary assessments (Completing training records for sign off by relevant Manager).
- Ensure quality standards are understood and met throughout the upholstery production process including prepping, frame assembly and sewing to eliminate finish product rejects.
- Work with the PQI team to help identify areas of concern to improve production skill and product performance. Working with the upholstery teams on specific tasks/skills to improve identified performance issues.
- Work with the Quality and Development teams to ensure new product introductions are transitioned into the production cycle effectively.
- Regularly meeting with key stakeholders to share non-conformance information and improvement opportunities.
- When required, work with the customer facing teams to ensure that replacement orders are inspected prior to dispatch.
- Upholding the standards of the Whitemeadow Vision & Values in daily routine.
- Responsible for own and others Health & Safety at work.
- Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained.
- Any additional tasks within the job holder’s capability, to meet the needs of the business.
What we are looking for
- Experience in furniture upholstery manufacturing, including ability to identify non-conformance issues throughout the production process. Translating these needs into training for individuals identified.
- Ability to confidently communicate and train members of staff to improve their performance to meet Whitemeadows high standards.
- Ability to work within a small team and manage workloads both as a team and individual.
- A basic understanding of statistics production and how they translate into the workplace.
What you'll get in return
- All overtime is voluntary and paid at an enhanced rate.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Good welfare facilities
- A wide range of employee benefits and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential
If you want to be the best you can and be involved in crafting innovative products that people are proud to own, then apply here ……
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Aidan WilsonProduction Supervisor
I started here in 2013, working at Export Drive, prepping for upholstery. Just nine months later I was given the opportunity to train as an upholsterer at our Sutton Road site, later moving back to Export Drive on track 4 where I quickly became a skilled upholsterer and part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the vast mix of models we produce, from accent chairs to corner beds! 2016 saw yet another great opportunity to progress my career at Whitemeadow becoming the youngest Production Supervisor, with great support from all levels - directors, managers, and staff. I genuinely believe that with the right attitude, willingness to learn and energy, the chances to go far are here.