Reporting to the Head of Operations, the main purpose of this role is to provide on the job training in a variety of skills and methods, which are essential to the manufacturing of quality domestic upholstered furniture from pre-upholstery to finished product to newly appointed Upholsterers.
What you will be doing
- Carrying out bench tests during recruitment process and provide feedback on general suitability of candidates.
- To provide on the job training to newly appointed Upholsterers
- Liaise with the Production Manager to ensure that production targets and both achievable and met
- Liaise with the Quality Manager to ensure quality standards are met and understood throughout the production process including frame assembly and sewing to eliminate finish product rejects
- Carrying out ongoing progress assessments during probation periods and contribute to probationary assessments.
- Raise any quality concerns with the relevant Manager
- Responsible for own and other Health & Safety at Work
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained
What we are looking for
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Upholsterer with at least 5 years’ experience and knowledge of track / teamwork and Payment by Results (PBR) with an excellent quality record.
- Excellent motivational and communication skills are paramount to carrying out this role effectively.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards would prove advantageous.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive 30 days holiday per year, pension, Life Insurance, access to discount schemes, access to an Employee Assist Programme, salary sacrifice schemes and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential.
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Aidan WilsonProduction Supervisor
I started here in 2013, working at Export Drive, prepping for upholstery. Just nine months later I was given the opportunity to train as an upholsterer at our Sutton Road site, later moving back to Export Drive on track 4 where I quickly became a skilled upholsterer and part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the vast mix of models we produce, from accent chairs to corner beds! 2016 saw yet another great opportunity to progress my career at Whitemeadow becoming the youngest Production Supervisor, with great support from all levels - directors, managers, and staff. I genuinely believe that with the right attitude, willingness to learn and energy, the chances to go far are here.