Established over 21 years ago, Whitemeadow Furniture is now the largest independent upholstered furniture manufacturer in the UK based in the East Midlands. We’re always striving to push boundaries, whether it be in our designs or our processes. Aspiring to be the best and take lead in our industry. We utilise the best technology and hire the most passionate individuals, enabling us to craft innovative products people are proud to own. Pairing British-made upholstery with unrivalled customer service.
We currently have opportunities across our manufacturing sites to work as part of a dependable team, contributing to the production of finished pieces of upholstered furniture to the correct specification and quality standards set.
What you will be doing
- Stretching of webbing and fabric.
- Attaching padding, and/or springs, and secure them in place using pneumatic staple guns.
- Attaching fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using both pneumatic air and hand tools.
- Building furniture using loose fibre fillings, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Quality Standards.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for applicants with a genuine interest in furniture manufacturing with excellent communications skills, the ability to learn and be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ideally, the successful applicant will have two years’ experience in upholstery in a variety of skills and methods which are essential to the manufacturing of quality domestic upholstered furniture from pre-upholstery to finished product.
What you'll get in return
- All overtime is voluntary and paid at an enhanced rate.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Good welfare facilities
- A wide range of employee benefits and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential
If you want to be the best you can and be involved in crafting innovative products that people are proud to own, then apply here ……
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Aidan WilsonProduction Supervisor
I started here in 2013, working at Export Drive, prepping for upholstery. Just nine months later I was given the opportunity to train as an upholsterer at our Sutton Road site, later moving back to Export Drive on track 4 where I quickly became a skilled upholsterer and part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the vast mix of models we produce, from accent chairs to corner beds! 2016 saw yet another great opportunity to progress my career at Whitemeadow becoming the youngest Production Supervisor, with great support from all levels - directors, managers, and staff. I genuinely believe that with the right attitude, willingness to learn and energy, the chances to go far are here.