Established over 21 years ago, Whitemeadow Furniture is now the largest independent upholstered furniture manufacturer in the UK based in the East Midlands. We’re always striving to push boundaries, whether it be in our designs or our processes. Aspiring to be the best and take lead in our industry. We utilise the best technology and hire the most passionate individuals, enabling us to craft innovative products people are proud to own. Pairing British-made upholstery with unrivalled customer service.
We currently have opportunities across our manufacturing sites to work as part of a dependable team, contributing to the production of finished pieces of upholstered furniture to the correct specification and quality standards set.
What can you expect from Whitemeadow?
- We integrate our values into our every day working life by building trust and developing our relationships with our colleagues, customers, suppliers and anyone else who chooses to work alongside us.
- Our mission at Whitemeadow is beyond just making money. We’re constantly striving to lead in our industry, both in terms of product and service.
- We’re proud of the work we do and the people we work alongside. This vision takes a multi-disciplined workforce, each with skills that contribute to pushing us ahead of our competition and impressing our loyal customer base.
- Most companies exist to simply make and sell product. We’re different. We exist because we believe in inspiring, impressing and innovating.
What are our company values?
- Crafted– Everything we do we do with care and accuracy. Crafting British-made upholstery using skills that have taken years to master.
- Vibrant– Our vibrant workplace culture helps inspire creativity, craftsmanship and clever
- Proud– We’re proud of what we do. We’re proud of who we are. We’re proud of how far we’ve come and where we’re going.
- Dynamic– Dynamic working is instrumental to our every day operations. Instilling a high-trust, high-performance culture within our business.
- Dependable– Constantly delivering on our
designs, quality and service.
- Best in Class– We aspire to be the best we can by crafting innovative products that people are proud to own, taking the lead in our industry.
What you will be doing
- Stretching of webbing and fabric.
- Attaching padding, and/or springs, and secure them in place using pneumatic staple guns.
- Attaching fasteners, grommets, buttons, buckles, ornamental trim, and other accessories to covers or frames, using both pneumatic air and hand tools.
- Building furniture using loose fibre fillings, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Quality Standards.
What we are looking for
- Experience in upholstery is essential. Ideally, the successful applicant will have a minimum of two years’ experience in upholstery in a variety of skills and methods which are essential to the manufacturing of quality domestic upholstered furniture from pre-upholstery to finished product.
- We are looking for applicants with a genuine interest in furniture manufacturing with excellent communications skills, the ability to learn and be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Applicants must be willing to embody and demonstrate our core values every day whilst at work.
What you'll get in return
- We are offering for a limited time only a bonus of £1000 for each experienced upholster recruited. £250 will be paid on successful completion of a 3 months probation period and a further £750 will be paid after 6 months.
- All overtime is voluntary and paid at an enhanced rate.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Good welfare facilities
- A wide range of employee benefits and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential
If you want to be the best you can and be involved in crafting innovative products that people are proud to own, then apply here ……
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
I started at Whitemeadow in 2013 as a trainee upholsterer working at the Sutton Road Site. During my first two years I worked across various sites learning different aspects of becoming a skilled upholsterer at each one. I’ve now been based at Orchard Way for the past six years and have watched as this site has grown to the size it is now! The training and support I have received along the way from colleagues and supervisors have always been good and along with my own hard work has enabled me to become a fully skilled upholsterer.