Established over 21 years ago, Whitemeadow Furniture is now the largest independent upholstered furniture manufacturer in the UK based in the East Midlands. We’re always striving to push boundaries, whether it be in our designs or our processes. Aspiring to be the best and take lead in our industry. We utilise the best technology and hire the most passionate individuals, enabling us to craft innovative products people are proud to own. Pairing British-made upholstery with unrivalled customer service.
We currently have 6 vacancies for Experienced Upholstery Sewing Machinists, based at our Export Drive site.
What you will be doing
- Sewing a variety of models including piped and non-piped fixed cover in different fabrics and velvet, working from a sewing specification.
What we are looking for
- Successful candidates will be sewing a variety of models including piped and non-piped fixed cover in different fabrics and velvet, working from a sewing specification.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines. They must also be able to work accurately.
- The successful candidate will preferably have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Upholstery Sewing Machinist and will be expected to adhere to the company’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and Quality Standards.
What you'll get in return
- All overtime is voluntary and paid at an enhanced rate.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Good welfare facilities
- A wide range of employee benefits and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential
If you want to be the best you can and be involved in crafting innovative products that people are proud to own, then apply here ……
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Aidan WilsonProduction Supervisor
I started here in 2013, working at Export Drive, prepping for upholstery. Just nine months later I was given the opportunity to train as an upholsterer at our Sutton Road site, later moving back to Export Drive on track 4 where I quickly became a skilled upholsterer and part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the vast mix of models we produce, from accent chairs to corner beds! 2016 saw yet another great opportunity to progress my career at Whitemeadow becoming the youngest Production Supervisor, with great support from all levels - directors, managers, and staff. I genuinely believe that with the right attitude, willingness to learn and energy, the chances to go far are here.