Reporting to the Factory Manager the main purpose of this role is to ensure that daily and weekly production targets are met within acceptable levels of quality, cost and safety. Responsible for Woodmill, Assembly, Kitting & Development areas.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for Woodmill, Assembly, Kitting & Development areas, main duties include:
- Liaising with suppliers and the Procurement Department to ensure materials are available when required.
- Ensuring Company policies & procedures are adhered to
- Evaluating performance of subordinates
- Absence management
- Leading and motivating subordinates
- Approval of overtime and other payroll administration
- Ensuring subordinates are fully trained in tasks they are required to carry out
- Championing the implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives
- Carrying out prescribed Health & Safety checks
What we are looking for
- Excellent motivational skills and the ability to gain trust are paramount to carrying out this role effectively, in addition to having good communication and organisational skills. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate an ability to handle the pressure of meeting deadlines. Knowledge of Health & Safety standards and HR practices would prove advantageous. Full training will be given, however being IT proficient is essential. We are looking for someone who has natural drive and ambition with the desire to progress within the Company.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive 30 days holiday per year, formal and informal training opportunities, good welfare facilities and a wide range of employee benefits and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential.
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Aidan WilsonProduction Supervisor
I started here in 2013, working at Export Drive, prepping for upholstery. Just nine months later I was given the opportunity to train as an upholsterer at our Sutton Road site, later moving back to Export Drive on track 4 where I quickly became a skilled upholsterer and part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the vast mix of models we produce, from accent chairs to corner beds! 2016 saw yet another great opportunity to progress my career at Whitemeadow becoming the youngest Production Supervisor, with great support from all levels - directors, managers, and staff. I genuinely believe that with the right attitude, willingness to learn and energy, the chances to go far are here.