The Junior Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant is responsible for continuously maintaining the company’s brand aesthetics, internally and externally. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, your role will involve a lot of graphic design work, as well helping to shape and deliver our overall marketing activities. This includes creating, reviewing, updating and maintaining the company’s visual representation in all aspects of design including typography, composition and colour. The creative talents of the individual in this role will be applied to print advertisements, marketing materials, sales documents, trade show materials, digital graphics and much more!
In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of Marketing and the Sales and Brand Development Manager by performing general marketing administration duties and conducting market research and analysis.
What you will be doing
- In collaboration with the Head of Marketing and Sales and Brand Development Manager, the Junior Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant will be responsible for developing the company’s visual representation and delivering a powerful and consistent brand message. This will be achieved via digital and print form and by leveraging a proven graphics ability with great attention to detail.
- Delivering vibrant, relevant, and engaging visuals and copy on digital platforms including website and social media, and offline materials including brochures, adverts and corporate stationary.
- Communicating/ sharing ideas and creative input with the sales and marketing teams.
- Under the direction of the Head of Marketing, the candidate will be responsible for general marketing administration duties and conducting market research and analysis.
- Create graphics that maintain brand standards and style.
- Design marketing materials such as brochures, invites, trade show graphics and corporate branded documents.
- Maintain and improve web and social media graphics.
- Liaising with printers and marketing agencies.
What we are looking for
- BA/BS (minimum) in Graphic Design.
- Advanced knowledge of current graphic design software applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator.
- Experience in a marketing background is preferred but not essential.
- High standard of written communication and proof reading.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong teamwork, time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve when faced with new challenges.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive 30 days holiday per year, pension, Life Insurance, access to discount schemes, access to an Employee Assist Programme, salary sacrifice schemes and opportunities to enable you to fulfil your potential.
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Hannah EvansFabric Selector
Working at Whitemeadow allows me to work in a creative environment in an industry sector that I have always had a passion for. When I joined Whitemeadow five years ago I was completely new to the industry. My textile and design background as well as a friendly, supportive team has allowed me to sculpt the role to suit my skills. I am very lucky as my job role means that I travel to places such as London, Belgium and Italy sourcing new fabrics for all our customers, considering upcoming trends in texture and colour.