Established over 21 years ago, Whitemeadow Furniture is now the largest independent upholstered furniture manufacturer in the UK based in the East Midlands. We’re always striving to push boundaries, whether it be in our designs or our processes. Aspiring to be the best and take lead in our industry. We utilise the best technology and hire the most passionate individuals, enabling us to craft innovative products people are proud to own. Pairing British-made upholstery with unrivalled customer service. and currently have a great opportunity for a Payroll Officer.
As a Payroll Officer you would be responsible for processing the Company’s weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for creating and maintaining employees' payroll records. Processing of wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and earnings records.
What you will be doing
- To process weekly payroll amendments including starters, leavers, changes to terms & conditions of employment, attachment of earnings.
- To collate and input weekly payroll data including T&A records and expenses.
- To process maternity and paternity leave payments.
- To process transactions relating to salary sacrifice schemes.
- To conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the payroll system.
- To upload weekly and monthly pension reports into the pension providers online portal and distribute correspondence generated.
- To deal with enquiries from employees, management and external contacts in person, by telephone or in writing as appropriate.
- To maintain up to date and comprehensive guidance notes on payroll procedures.
- To work closely with our payroll provider regarding payroll system upgrades and developments ensuring these are thoroughly checked before installation into the live environment
- To ensure that robust audit records are maintained and work with auditors as required
What we are looking for
Candidates should have a recognised payroll qualification, a recognised accountancy qualification or proven equivalent professional experience, have recent applied experience of running a large computerised payroll, have a detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation, national insurance and pensions administration, be highly numerate with the ability to understand and accurately process a variety of calculations, have a good understanding of accounting principles and their application to payroll and have excellent IT skills including the use of databases, and advanced Word and Excel. In addition, it will prove advantageous if applicants have experience of MHR iTrent HR & Payroll System and experience of HFX Imperago T&A System.
The successful candidate will be highly numerate with a systematic approach to problem solving, have good oral and written communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management and organisational skills, the ability to work under own initiative and to tight deadlines, have the ability to deal with sensitive matters professionally and confidentially, be flexible, have a positive nature and be a team player.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be joining a Company that supports the development of our workforce’s skills, using industry leading technology and are actively looking to hire passionate individuals who aspire to be the best they can. In addition to our standard benefits of 30 days annual leave, pension, life insurance you will have access to an EAP, sick pay insurance, salary sacrifice opportunities and discount benefits.
Everything we do, we do with pride. Crafting quality products that inspire people and places.
Apply now to Megan in our Recruitment Department!
Aidan WilsonProduction Supervisor
I started here in 2013, working at Export Drive, prepping for upholstery. Just nine months later I was given the opportunity to train as an upholsterer at our Sutton Road site, later moving back to Export Drive on track 4 where I quickly became a skilled upholsterer and part of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working on the vast mix of models we produce, from accent chairs to corner beds! 2016 saw yet another great opportunity to progress my career at Whitemeadow becoming the youngest Production Supervisor, with great support from all levels - directors, managers, and staff. I genuinely believe that with the right attitude, willingness to learn and energy, the chances to go far are here.